A full mouth restoration is a way to completely change or rehabilitate the appearance of your mouth. The size, shape, color, and position of your teeth can be changed to look exactly the way you want.
Reconstruction can restore a mouth lost to decay, correct birth problems, or simply change the appearance of your mouth. The outcome: a boost in your self-esteem and a proud smile! Read along to know more about a full-mouth restoration.
How Is An Oral Reconstruction Performed?
A full mouth restoration typically involves a general dentist and cosmetic dentist performing a series of procedures on the patient's mouth to properly correct the look and function. This procedure is called a full mouth reconstruction because it includes more than one dental procedure.
These procedures typically include everything from dental bridges, dental crowns, fillings, dental implants, dental extractions, veneers, and more. This ensures total oral health in all aspects.
A typical full mouth reconstruction can consist of:
- Bone grafting may be necessary to improve the strength of your jaw bone for a dental implant to be placed.
- Orthodontics may be necessary to help move your teeth into the positions needed for optimal appearance.
- The placement of veneers may be added to create an attractive appearance for your teeth.
- Dental implant placement may be recommended to replace a missing tooth or an extracted tooth.
- Crown placement can help strengthen a root canal tooth or cover another natural tooth that is badly yellowed.
- Gum shaping can be performed to improve the appearance of your smile.
- Deep cleanings are necessary to maintain proper care of both your teeth and gums.
How Long Does a Mouth Restoration Take?
The length of time is different for each patient, as different procedures may be necessary to correct your problems. You can expect a full mouth reconstruction to take several months to fully heal in order to achieve your goal. For a custom estimate, ask your dentist during the consultation.
Am I a Candidate To Get a New Smile?
If you suffer from oral health problems such as missing teeth, numerous teeth with large fillings that fail, or decayed, cracked or broken teeth, or badly worn teeth due to tooth grinding or other habits, you are probably a candidate.
Trust Your Smile to the Best in NYC
Enjoy life without the fear of smiling. At Park 40, we are dedicated to providing first-class care to our patients with the best treatment of full mouth reconstruction or full mouth dental implants you need. If you want to boost your confidence, contact us today!